Dental therapists play an increasingly important role in the delivery of primary care dentistry. The structure of this course is exciting and innovative in that it is integrated with both the BDS Dentistry and the BSc (Hons) Clinical Dental Technology courses.
Why study with us
- Dentistry at the University ranked first in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022).
- You’ll be taught alongside both BDS and Clinical Dental Technician students, allowing you to train as you will practice in the future, as part of the whole dental team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain early patient contact during your studies.
Gallery01 / 04
What you’ll do
- You’ll learn clinical skills in one of the most modern phantom head rooms in Europe, equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
- Small class sizes allow for a close and friendly atmosphere with interactive learning opportunities.
- You will gain a broad range of clinical experience, including enhanced skills such as administering Inhalation Sedation, removing sutures (after the wound has been checked) and tooth whitening.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been provisionally accepted by the GDC Registrar. The GDC is the UK-wide statutory regulator of the dental profession. They register qualified dental professionals, work to ensure the quality of dental education, and protect patient safety.
As a graduate of the BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy course you can register with the General Dental Council as a dental therapist. You may also be eligible to apply for entry into the Graduate BDS course.
You will be eligible to apply for a place on a Dental Therapy Foundation Scheme (DTFT) which are designed to support new or recently qualified Dental Therapists during their transition into the Primary Dental Care workforce.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page