Do you have the potential and aspiration to become a doctor, but do not yet have the qualifications required to apply? Our MBBS Medicine with a foundation year is a 6-year programme will enable you to become a professional, compassionate doctor. Please note this course is open to international students only.
Why study with us
- 8thin the UK for academic supportNational Student Survey (Medicine (non-specific) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- We have a large number of international students so you will benefit from learning alongside students from around the world.
- The programme is recognised by the General Medical Council (GMC) on its list of bodies able to award UK primary medical qualifications.
- Our foundation year will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to be successful and automatically progress onto to our 5-year MBBS Medicine course.
What you'll do
- Your foundation year will be taught at our fantastic Westlakes Campus, where you’ll enjoy a supportive, multicultural learning environment with access to open countryside. You’ll be based close to the Lake District, England’s largest national park.
- You will have access to our on-campus clinical skills laboratories - to help develop clinical skills in realistic hospital, home and GP surgery environments.
- Once you progress to our 5-year MBBS course, you’ll benefit from a mixture of work-based learning and clinical placements throughout the programme.
Hear what our current students have to say about studying Medicine
Gallery01 / 11
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
- The GMC recognises the University as one of the bodies to award primary medical qualifications. The School has been added to the GMC's list of bodies approved to award UK medical degrees.
We aim to produce graduates educated to the highest UK standards and who will become effective, safe and knowledgeable doctors wherever in the world they practice medicine. There are multiple options available upon graduation from the MBBS programme. Successful completion of the course will enable you to meet core requirements as a Junior Doctor and allow you to apply for provisional registration with the General Medical Council. All UK graduates are eligible to apply to the UK Foundation Programme. Entry onto this programme requires an applicant to have the right to work in the UK and involves a highly competitive process with other UK graduates.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page