We offer a growing portfolio of undergraduate dental courses as well as flexible, part-time, postgraduate and CPD study enabling General Dental Practitioners to further their skills and education whilst maintaining clinical practice.
The University is renowned for the depth of supervised clinical experience students gain during their training.
You will learn clinical skills in one of the most modern phantom head rooms in Europe, equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment.
Study Dentistry01 / 02
Learn about our Postgraduate Dentistry courses
Why choose us?
- Since 2011, 100% of BDS graduates have secured their first job as a Dental Foundation Trainee.
- Dentistry at the University ranked first in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Our postgraduate clinical courses are taught part-time over just two years with more clinical training.
- We’re proud to say that our Dental Surgery, BDS course has been awarded 4 QS Stars (Very Good) for programme strength (2022). With access to state-of-the-art facilities such as our Dental Education Centres and our on-campus Dental Clinic, we enable trainee dentists to develop advanced clinical skills and treat real patients under expert supervision. Our 4 QS Stars reflects our outstanding teaching, high student satisfaction and the success of our graduates.
Careers in dentistry
BDS graduates usually become a dental foundation trainee (DF1). The majority of dentists work in a high street practice or community dental clinics. If you want to work in a hospital environment and specialise, you can undergo further specialist training. This could be in orthodontics, paediatric dentistry, restorative dentistry and surgical dentistry. Continual professional development is vital as dentistry changes all the time.
Dental Therapists and Clinical Dental Technologists may be eligible to apply for registration with the General Dental Council (GDC). This means you could work in dentistry as a dental care professional. Graduates who gain a 2.1 degree can apply for entry to our BDS programme.
After studying a dentistry or dental related degree, you could work as:
- Dental hygienist
- Dental therapist
- Dental technician
- Health service manager
- Anatomical pathology technologist