On our Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) course you’ll be based in primary care where you’ll gain real-world experience from Year 1 and graduate well prepared for your foundation year.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery is ranked 1st in the UK for student satisfaction (Times Good University Guide 2021).
- Dentistry at the University ranked 1st in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Our Bachelor of Dental Surgery is ranked 1st in the UK for student satisfaction. (National Student Survey 2022)
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- Small class sizes allow for a close and friendly atmosphere with interactive learning opportunities.
- As a Dentistry student you will learn clinical skills in one of the most modern Phantom Head rooms in Europe, equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) states that we are delivering “a particularly innovative dental degree programme” with imaginative use of IT, e-learning and an emphasis on learning dentistry within the local community.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been provisionally accepted by the GDC Registrar. The GDC is the UK-wide statutory regulator of the dental profession. They register qualified dental professionals, work to ensure the quality of dental education, and protect patient safety.
- We’re proud to say that our Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course has been awarded 4 QS Stars (Very Good). With access to state-of-the-art facilities such as our Dental Education Centres and our on-campus Dental Clinic, we enable trainee dentists to develop advanced clinical skills and treat real patients under expert supervision. Our 4 QS Stars reflects our outstanding teaching, high student satisfaction and the success of our graduates.
Graduation from the BDS course leads to a first job 100% success rate as a Dental Foundation Trainee (DF1), where you are responsible for the treatment of patients. Since 2011, every student who has graduated from our Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree has gone on to secure their first job as a Dental Foundation Trainee. This is impressive, as places are limited and awarded following a national competitive selection process.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page