Sarah is involved in the teaching across a range of undergraduate programmes within the School of Dentistry including the Bachelor of Dental Surgery, BSc Dental Therapy and BSc Clinical Dental Technology. Sarah is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and is Year 1 lead for the BSc Dental Therapy. Sarah also supervises dissertation projects for the BSc Dental Studies students.
Sarah is module lead for an integrated module for the BSc Dental Therapy and BSc Clinical Dental Technology students where inclusive learning is a priority. Alongside teaching responsibilities Sarah is involved with several collaborative research projects including Interprofessional Learning in Dental Education and Flipped Learning. Sarah is a keen networker and is a member of both the British Association of Dental Therapists and British Society of Dental Hygienists and Therapists alongside Sarah is a key member of the UCLan team available on stands for the British Dental Association.
Sarah has been involved within dentistry for over 20 years spending 15 years working as a Dental Hygienist and Dental Therapist in various primary care settings. Sarah has vast knowledge working within the NHS and private sector and is keen to promote awareness of Dental Therapists and increase knowledge of career pathways. Sarah has developed her own personal development plan and is involved with Continuing Professional Development and within the School of Dentistry.
- PGCert Learning and Teaching, University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- BSc Dental Studies, University of Central Lancashire, 2015
- Diploma Dental Therapy, Royal College of Surgeons England, 2001
- Diploma Dental Hygiene, Eastman Dental Hospital, 2001
- Career progression in Dentistry
- Flipped Learning
- Interprofessional Learning in Dental Education
- Fellow Higher Education Academy
- General Dental Council Registered