Speech & Language Therapy (Pre-registration)
Our MSc Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-registration) course will prepare you for a successful career in the continually evolving health and social care sector.
Why study with us
- This course is accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)
- We have strong links with clinical partners across the North West, in both NHS and non-NHS settings. You’ll have lots of opportunities to gain valuable work experience
- Our January start dates are an ideal time of the year to pursue something new. Start the new year by gaining the knowledge and skills that employers are craving.
What you’ll do
- We organise annual recruitment events where employers from the public (NHS) and private spheres attend and network with speech and language therapy students.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited and endorsed by the HCPC regulatory body. The HCPC is a regulator of health and care professionals in the UK, approving programmes and setting the standards that individuals must meet in order to become a registered professional.
- The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists is the professional body for speech and language therapists in the UK and a registered charity. This course is accredited by the RCSLT and on successful completion of the course, graduates are eligible to apply for membership.
We have excellent links with an array of speech and language therapists who are working across the NHS and private practice in the North West. We also have links with professionals working for charities and international organisations.
The University’s leading Allied Health Research Unit involves learners and researchers addressing cross-disciplinary and international health care. We host the regional Hub of the Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR), the Advancing Dysphagia Practice (ADP) group, and the innovative online learning community of practice ReSNetSLT (Research Support Network).
The team regularly offers professional development (CPD) events for practising clinicians which are open to our students, providing opportunities for novices and professionals to work alongside each other from a wide range of settings.
Learning is closely linked with other Allied Health Profession (AHP) courses and with our Allied Health Research Unit. Students on this course get free access to both CAHPR and ADP learning events, so you’ll be exposed to world-leading research and clinical excellence.
You’ll also have the opportunity to become actively involved in the groundbreaking ReSNetSLT, gaining experience in digital platforms supporting the sharing of research and practice-based knowledge from international perspectives.
Students who have graduated from our Health and Social Care Professional programmes have proven to be highly employable. Through consultation with our clinical stakeholders, we know that there is a high demand for speech and language therapists in the North West.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page