Our Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in Promoting Psychological Wellbeing gives you the chance to develop your skills in evidence-based, low-intensity cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) interventions for common mental problems. You’ll be able to gain the accreditation you need to practice as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP).
Why study with us
- This course is accredited by The British Psychological Society (BPS).
- If you’re a current health practitioner then this course offers you the chance to develop your skills in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
What you'll do
- You’ll critically examine the history and development of primary care and mental health practice.
- We’ll introduce you to concepts of mental health philosophies, models and frameworks for safe and competent mental healthcare.
- You'll focus on enhancing your skills in patient-centred care. This includes interviewing, problem formulation, goal setting and more.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the BPS, the learned and professional body, incorporated by the Royal Charter, for Psychology in the UK. We will provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge that allows you to graduate with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) provided you achieve at least a lower second class honours degree.
This course is designed as a development opportunity for current healthcare professionals who wish to enhance their skills in low-intensity cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) interventions for common mental problems. It also allows you to gain professional accreditation to practice as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP).
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page