Are you interested in person centred, psychodynamic and existential theories? Our part time MA/PGDip Integrative Psychotherapy gives you in-depth study of an integrative approach to practice.
Why study with us
- This is a BACP accredited programme. On successful completion you will be eligible to be become a Registered Member (MBACP).
- You will attend campus one day per week plus some Saturdays (Year 1 and 2) which means you can study whilst also meeting other commitments. You can complete Year 3 study online.
- You'll become an autonomous practitioner. You will learn to work ethically and professionally with a wide range of clients, in a variety of contexts.
What you'll do
- Explore ideas, practice skills, and engage in supervised practice and personal development. This will support your growth as a competent, compassionate, and creative practitioner.
- Work on completing placement hours. This means you’ll gain real work experience working with people in diverse settings.
- Develop your abilities as a reflective and reflexive practitioner . Refine your capacity to work in a research informed way.
All modules are core and compulsory. You can complete the modules in two or three years part-time. Some students take up to four years to complete the full master's degree.
Year 1 and Year 2 (PGDip) are 100% face-to-face learning.
Year 3 (MA) can be either 100% remote, or 70% remote 30% face-to-face, depending on modules chosen.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
- This course is accredited by the British Association of Counselling (BACP) and is designed to meet BACP accreditation standards. You'll need to join the BACP as a student member whilst enrolled on the course. On successful completion of the PG Diploma (year 1 and 2) you will be eligible to apply for individual membership as a qualified practitioner with the BACP.
View the course facilities
Annie currently works part time here and has a small private therapy and supervision practice. Annie previously worked as an academic, therapist, nurse and social worker (1981-present). As a practitioner she worked in the statutory, charitable and private sector holding a number …
Claire teaches across a range of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level within the Counselling and Psychological Therapies team. Claire is an MA qualified Integrative Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor.
Future careers in integrative psychotherapy
The MA/PGDip Integrative Psychotherapy course provides a wide range of career opportunities. You could work in the statutory or voluntary sectors, and there are many opportunities for self-employment.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page