Advanced Clinical Practitioner
As a health care practitioner our MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner programme will set you up to lead and develop your practice. You’ll learn how to work innovatively and to a high autonomous level combining the four pillars of Advanced Clinical Practice.
Why study with us
- You’ll access outstanding facilities used by local and professional sports teams and elite athletes - from Preston North End FC, Wigan Warriors RFC and Preston Harriers, to Oceania (2012 Olympics), and the Rugby League World Cup 2013 Ireland team.
- You’ll also discover how to enable innovative solutions to enhance people’s experience and improve outcomes.
- And you’ll develop evidence-based knowledge, skills and person-centred values to prepare you for a rewarding career.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship through us.
Who is this course for?
This course is for health care practitioners who want to become advanced clinical practitioners. It’s a role that combines expert clinical skills with research, education and clinical leadership within their scope of practice.
What you'll do
- The programme’s designed to help you practice autonomously and to be accountable for judgements and decisions in line with professional codes of practice.
- There’s a strong focus on developing your employability and lifelong learning skills.
- This course uses a lead and foster interdisciplinary approach to innovation, quality improvement and service re-design.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- The programme is a great way to address skills and knowledge gaps in your workforce, retain and attract staff who want opportunities for professional development through a high-quality degree.
- Recruit from our pool of bright students with the core skills, knowledge and work readiness to help contribute to your business.
- If your payroll is under £3m, you don’t need to pay the Apprenticeship Levy. BUT you can get funding towards the cost of training and assessment of apprentices. You only pay 10% - the government will co-fund the other 90% (up to the funding band maximum).
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page