The MSc in Applied Public Health is an innovative course which will strengthen your capacity to meet the varied and diverse demands of public health work and reduce health inequalities.
Why study with us
- This postgraduate course covers a range of public health disciplines including health protection, healthy settings, epidemiology, media and communication, along with global, national and local issues relating to public health.
- There’s a strong emphasis on appropriate tools and techniques, evidence based approaches and the application of theory to public health practice.
- We use action learning to underpin the need to work in partnership and engage in reflective practice.
What you'll do
- You’ll examine local, national and international examples of public health initiatives, and assess their relationship with social circumstances and policy priorities.
- The learning outcomes of the core modules are mapped against the Royal Society for Public Health standards and the NHS Knowledge and Skills Competency Framework.
- Public health work experience opportunities are available as part of this course.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
With an MSc in Applied Public Health you can work as a Public Health Practitioner, and also advance your career by progressing towards registration as a Specialist Practitioner in Public Health.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page