Do you want to become an occupational therapist? Do you have study skills from completion of an undergraduate degree? If so, our pre-registration MSc offers a superb opportunity to undertake a Masters course in two years. Successful completion of this course entitles you to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and, with this registration, take up employment as an Occupational Therapist.
Why study with us
- The course is accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT).
- You’ll be taught in a small cohort with excellent tutor support. The course is timetabled to three days per week, giving you flexibility around your studies.
- You’ll be taught by expert staff who are passionate about occupational therapy and are actively involved with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists, research and the development of the profession.
What you'll do
- There’s an emphasis on ‘real-life’ assessments which reflect the everyday working environment of an occupational therapist.
- The course balances placements in practice with experienced occupational therapists and high-quality teaching in academic modules which is enhanced through the use of innovative technology.
- You will meet a range of employers, such as the NHS and other social care providers, at our annual recruitment events.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the RCOT, the professional body for occupational therapists across the UK. After successfully completing this course you will be eligible to apply for initial registration as an Occupational Therapist with the RCOT.
- This course is accredited and endorsed by the HCPC regulatory body. The HCPC is a regulator of health and care professionals in the UK, approving programmes and setting the standards that individuals must meet in order to become a registered professional.
- This course is accredited by the WFOT – the global voice for occupational therapy representing occupational therapists worldwide.
The Faculty is one of the largest providers of health and social care education in the North West. As a result, we have developed close links with practice partners across the region in both NHS and non-NHS settings.
We organise annual recruitment events where employers from the public (NHS and social care providers) and private spheres attend and network with students.
Our graduates are highly employable. Through consultation with our clinical partners, we know that there is a great demand for occupational therapists in the North West – particularly those with master-level qualifications.
After graduating from this course you’ll be in a position to apply for initial registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). You’ll also be able to apply for full membership of the British Association of Occupational Therapists and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
Equal Consideration Deadline
The Equal Consideration Deadline for this course is 31 January 2024. This is our equal consideration deadline, which means any application that is submitted before this deadline will be considered for September entry - any applications submitted after this date are not guaranteed to be considered for the September start.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page