Football Science & Rehabilitation
On this flexible course you’ll develop advanced practical skills and learn how to apply the latest clinical techniques and scientific thinking to the performance management strategies used by the multi-disciplinary team for the enhancement of elite level footballers.
Why study with us
- Developed in consultation with our clinical partners, including the FAPL and the Football Medical & Performance Association.
- This programme is delivered both full and part-time, entirely online and by distance learning only so you can combine your studies with full-time employment in the football industry or elsewhere.
- This course combines practical learning with independent and online study, so you can work flexibly and study at your own pace with no requirement to be on campus and with all assignments delivered remotely.
What you’ll do
- You’ll get to plan and implement prehab, rehabilitation and reconditioning programmes for footballers and other athletes.
- You’ll be encouraged to engage in at least 50 hours of work-based learning. So you can apply the skills you’ve learned to your work environment within the football industry.
- There are opportunities to watch and listen to guest lectures and presentations involving industry professionals from the world of elite football and other sports.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
Your teaching team
All our Lecturing and teaching team have extensive experience of working at Elite levels of both football and sport generally. they are all active researchers and have consultancy posts with sporting teams at the highest level. We all share the same passion of vocational alignment in all that we do. We pride ourselves with an extensive and inclusive network of professionals as can be evidenced from our impressive list of external speakers.
Football Medicine and Performance Association (FMPA)
We are one of just two universities working in partnership with the FMPA. This partnership gives you direct links to the football industry.
We have links with various individuals working in elite sport who often deliver guest lectures and masterclasses. You’ll be taught by staff who have extensive experience in elite professional football.
This course will equip you for a successful career in the fields of football rehabilitation and sports science. Such roles include sports therapist, sports scientist, strength and conditioning expert, sports rehabilitator, physiotherapist, etc.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page