Denis teaches across numerous sport subjects with a focus on business and management topics for this sector. | The health and fitness industry, central to his current research and where he has worked and provided consultancy and also the football industry which is of personal and professional interest provide the core of his teaching and scholarly activity.
Denis teaches across the BSc Sport Business Management undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, with a focus on economics and operations. He also developed the BSc Football Studies programme and helped foster the partnership with the Professional Football Academy which offers committed students the chance to develop professional football careers either on or off the pitch
Denis graduated from UCLan and went on to work in the Health & Fitness industry, working primarily in Operations Management and Financial Administration. Working across different sites he developed and implemented new working practice and processes in order to drive efficiency and increase service quality experience for members. These experiences have led onto research, as Denis is currently undertaking a PhD, looking at practical service quality models for the health and fitness industry. Denis has sat on Local County and NHS Trust Panels offering expert input and raising the profile of the health & fitness agenda through sport and recreation, which has led to meaningful change through funding and strategic decision making. This has also led to advisory roles with Leisure Trusts, providing support and expertise in areas such as member experience and staff training. As course Lead for Football Studies, Denis has a real interest in the bridge from higher education to employment. This is demonstrated through the development of networks and partnerships across sport, in particular football such as with the Professional Football Academy and numerous professional clubs.
- BSc (Hons) Leisure Management, University of Central Lancashire,2008 I MSc Sport Business Management University of Central Lancashire,2009 I PGCert in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire,2020
- Golden Roses Course Team of the year 2019
- TL1604 - Football Culture & the Society
- TL1113 - Managing Sport Economics and Finance
- TL2053 - Business Operations and Sport Events
- TL2128 - Human Resource Management
- TL3163 - Contemporary Issues in Sports Business Management
- TL3102 - Dissertation
- TL4041 - Sport Operations and Legal Aspects of Sport Business
- TL4042 - Sport Economics and Finance
- Football Industry I Health & Fitness I Sport Politics
- CIMSPA Chartered Member
- Fellow of Higher Education Authority