Our PGCert Clinical Community Nursing combines Non-medical Prescribing (NMP) and Advanced Clinical Examination (ACE). This will enable you to develop clinical examination skills which will complement your NMP qualification.
Why study with us
- This course has been designed by combining two complementary modules and is unique to UCLan for community nurses.
- We recently invested £200m in new buildings and facilities, including a dedicated Student Centre at the heart of the Preston Campus
- UCLan was ranked third in the UK for the mental health support we give to our students. (2022, HUMEN University Mental Health League Table)
What you'll do
- Share and learn with a unique peer network of professionals.
- The programme structure includes 2 core modules – one at 40 credits and one at 20 credits
- The practicality of the course allows students to apply learning to work context and individual learning needs.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Lisa is a Lecturer in District Nursing and is Pathway Leader for the District Nurse pathway on the BSc (Hons)/Postgraduate Diploma Community Specialist Practitioner Course. Lisa also acts as Academic Assessor for those on the District Nurse pathway.
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The PGCert Clinical Community Nursing will support community nurses in being highly trained to deliver safe and responsive nursing care in and across a wide range of health and care settings.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount