Gain a specialist academic qualification that’s grounded in government policies and plans to develop the UK’s healthcare workforce.
Why study with us
- The course blends academic learning with practice, so you will link your work with children, young people and their families with scheduled teaching sessions at the University.
- You’ll benefit from learning alongside peers with multi-professional qualifications and backgrounds including nursing, social work, occupational therapy, health visiting, or school nursing.
- This MSc was commissioned by the NHS. We work closely with staff from Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Services and service users in the continual design and development of this course.
What you'll do
- You’ll develop skills that are transferable to a range of settings, from social care to education, and to a range of health services specific to children and young people.
- You’ll learn and tackle a range of issues around attachment, normal childhood development, parenting, and trauma-informed care.
- Develop your knowledge in the area of children and young people's mental health. Gain transferable skills in a range of settings from social care to education and in a range specific health services.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Explore our facilities
With the emphasis on early intervention and raising awareness of mental health issues in children and young people, the range of settings where this MSc could be used is constantly developing.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount