Lisa is a Lectuer in District Nursing and is Pathway Leader for the District Nurse pathway on the BSc (Hons)/Post Graduate Diploma Community Specialist Practitioner Course. Lisa also acts as Academic Assessor for those on the District Nurse pathway.
Lisa teaches on several modules across the Community Specialist Practitioner course and across the Family, Community and Public Health team including non-medical prescribing courses. Lisa is module leader for both Level 6 and Level 7 Leg Ulcer Management modules which run throughout the year.
Lisa's background is within Community and District Nursing. Prior to commencing her role at the University, Lisa worked as a Community Specialist Practitioner District Nurse for several years within the NHS, also acting as Practice Teacher within this role. Lisa is recorded with the NMC as a Community Specialist Practitioner and also recorded on the register as holding a Community Practitioner Prescribing qualification. Lisa is a member of the Association of District Nurse Educators and currently working towards Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- BSc (Hons) Health Sciences for Complementary Medicine, University of Central Lancashire, Class 2a, 1999
- Diploma of Higher Education in Nursing Pre Registration, University of Central Lancashire, Class Merit, 2004
- Community Practitioner Prescriber Qualification, Class Pass,University of Central Lancashire, Class Pass, 2011
- PGDip Community Specialist Practitioner District Nurse, University of Central Lancashire, Class Pass, 2014
- PGCert Practice Teacher Preparation, Class Distinction, University of Central Lancashire, Class Distinction, 2017
- Awarded the title of Queens Nurse in 2019
- District Nurse Education
- Leg Ulcer Care and Management
- Lisais a Queens’s Nurse and a member of the Royal College of Nursing.
- NMC registered as: Registered Adult Nurse
- Community Specialist Practitioner-District Nursing
- Community Practitioner Prescriber
- Member of the Association for District Nurse Educators