Suitable for registered nurses from all areas of practice, our MSc Nursing will equip you with the knowledge, skills, personal, professional and inter-professional insights needed to confront, challenge and shape the future of your nursing practice.
Why study with us
- Depending on the size of your dissertation module, you can also take three to four optional modules focusing on practice, leadership and other important aspects underpinning nursing.
- To help with your personal development you’ll create a learning contract with your tutor and take part in a Personal Development Centre to create a profile of your abilities, attributes and skills.
- You’ll be taught by academic and research staff with a wide range of experience in nursing and other healthcare practice.
What you'll do
- You’ll interact with students from different backgrounds and different countries, and learn from their responses to nursing challenges.
- You have the option to leave with a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits) or a Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits).
- You’ll need to demonstrate your ability to analyse and reflect upon current issues within the practice of nursing.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Our MSc in Nursing will help you develop a career in management or other sphere of nursing in the UK and internationally.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Nursing located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page