Suitable for registered nurses from all areas of practice, our MSc Nursing will equip you with the knowledge, skills, personal, professional and inter-professional insights needed to confront, challenge and shape the future of your nursing practice.
Why study with us
- Depending on the size of your dissertation module, you can also take three to four optional modules focusing on practice, leadership and other important aspects underpinning nursing.
- To help with your personal development you’ll create a learning contract with your tutor and take part in a Personal Development Centre to create a profile of your abilities, attributes and skills.
- You’ll be taught by academic and research staff with a wide range of experience in nursing and other healthcare practice.
What you'll do
- You’ll interact with students from different backgrounds and different countries, and learn from their responses to nursing challenges.
- You have the option to leave with a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits) or a Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits).
- You’ll need to demonstrate your ability to analyse and reflect upon current issues within the practice of nursing.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
Graeme Tobyn graduated from Leeds University in 1978 with a degree in Russian with Italian. He developed the Latin and French he learned at school for use in his later studies of the histories of Renaissance and early modern medicine. He trained in herbal medicine in the 1980s, g…
Debi qualified as a nurse in 1982 and following a career in clinical practice moved into education in 1990 delivering post registration education to nurses in practice in North Wales. Moving to Lancashire in 2003 she has further developed her teaching; learning and assessment rol…
Our MSc in Nursing will help you develop a career in management or other sphere of nursing in the UK and internationally.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount