Specialist Community Public Health Nurse
As a registered nurse or midwife this course meets the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) professional standards for specialist community public health nurses (Health Visiting or School Nursing). It can also lead to a new and rewarding career in public health nursing.
Why study with us
- You can register as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse on the third part of the Nursing and Midwifery register.
- And, as the course is mapped to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework, it will help with career progression.
- The course promotes independent, shared and autonomous learning developing you as a specialist community public health nurse.
What you'll do
- You’ll develop your professional proficiency underpinned by sound, evidence based theoretical knowledge, within the practice of specialist community public health nursing.
- You’ll cover the four principles of public health practice; the search for, and stimulating awareness, of health needs, policies and health needs and health enhancing activities.
- It’s 50 percent theory and 50 percent practice and you’ll be assessed in a number of ways.
Please note modules will vary depending on your chosen pathway
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
As a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse you’ll be equipped to develop your role as a clinician, educator, manager and leader, proactively meeting changing public healthcare needs.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Community Health and Midwifery located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page