Our Nursing with Registered Nurse (Adult) course will enable you to develop the core skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours that are essential when you’re caring for adults who are experiencing health difficulties.
Why study with us
- We’re award-winning. We won in the Student Experience category at the Student Nursing Times Awards 2018.
- Our programme incorporates the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s new standards of proficiencies, 2019.
- You’ll have access to outstanding facilities, including high specification clinical skills laboratories fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, including anatomage medical dissection tables.
What you'll do
- Our course is made up of 50% practice and 50% theory and you’ll be allocated to one of several NHS Trusts within our region as your base.
- Your clinical placements will be interspersed throughout your two years and you will be supervised, assessed and supported by relevant health care professionals. You’ll work alongside practice supervisors and be expected to work a range of different shift patterns across a 24 hour, seven day period.
- You’ll gain a dual academic and professional qualification on completion of this programme.
- NU4370: Adult Nursing Practice 1
- NU4371: Adult Nursing Practice 2
- NU4372: Essentials of Adult Nursing 1
- NU4373: Essentials of Adult Nursing 2
- NU4374: Transition to Professional Adult Nursing Practice
- NU4385: Critical Enquiry in Contemporary Nursing Practice
NU4370: Adult Nursing Practice 1
The module aims you to develop nursing skills, values, and practice within simulation and practice settings. You will reflect on your learning journey to help future personal and professional development.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by October 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
We have close links with healthcare providers across central Lancashire, including NHS Trusts across Preston and Fylde Coast, Fleetwood and Blackpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan, Chorley, Southport and Ormskirk.
We can also find a placement for you with private healthcare providers and independent and voluntary sector organisations. These learning environments will provide you with a unique insight into how healthcare is managed in all settings, not just within the NHS. Our clinical placement providers are audited according to the Nursing and Midwifery Council professional regulatory requirements for learning and teaching in clinical practice. Each area has a dedicated member of academic staff attached to the placement, so that you can access support and advice. Our academic staff work in close contact with the NHS Trust Practice Education Facilitators.
Our well-established adult nursing programmes produce highly employable graduates. An impressive 98% of our adult nursing undergraduates have gone onto employment or further study within six months (HESA 2018).
Our Nursing programme prepares you for a future career as a registered nurse who’s equipped with the skills, knowledge and compassion required to deliver outstanding care to adults experiencing acute and complex health issues.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount