Nursing with Registered Nurse (Adult)
Our Nursing with Registered Nurse (Adult) course will enable you to develop the core skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours that are essential when you’re caring for adults who are experiencing health difficulties.
Why study with us
- We’re award-winning. We won in the Student Experience category at the Student Nursing Times Awards 2018.
- Our programme incorporates the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s new standards of proficiencies, 2019.
- You’ll have access to outstanding facilities, including high specification clinical skills laboratories fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, including anatomage medical dissection tables.
What you'll do
- Our course is made up of 50% practice and 50% theory and you’ll be allocated to one of several NHS Trusts within our region as your base.
- Your clinical placements will be interspersed throughout your two years and you will be supervised, assessed and supported by relevant health care professionals. You’ll work alongside practice supervisors and be expected to work a range of different shift patterns across a 24 hour, seven day period.
- You’ll gain a dual academic and professional qualification on completion of this programme.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
We have close links with healthcare providers across central Lancashire, including NHS Trusts across Preston and Fylde Coast, Fleetwood and Blackpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan, Chorley, Southport and Ormskirk.
We can also find a placement for you with private healthcare providers and independent and voluntary sector organisations. These learning environments will provide you with a unique insight into how healthcare is managed in all settings, not just within the NHS. Our clinical placement providers are audited according to the Nursing and Midwifery Council professional regulatory requirements for learning and teaching in clinical practice. Each area has a dedicated member of academic staff attached to the placement, so that you can access support and advice. Our academic staff work in close contact with the NHS Trust Practice Education Facilitators.
Our well-established adult nursing programmes produce highly employable graduates. An impressive 98% of our adult nursing undergraduates have gone onto employment or further study within six months (HESA 2018).
Our Nursing programme prepares you for a future career as a registered nurse who’s equipped with the skills, knowledge and compassion required to deliver outstanding care to adults experiencing acute and complex health issues.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Nursing located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page