International Tourism Management
Are you looking for a high-flying career which could take you all over the world? Our International Tourism Management degree is ideal if you want to become a professional travel and tourism manager.
Tourism is currently one of the world’s fastest growing industries. We'll equip you with the skills you need to meet the demands of the international tourism sector.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the global tourism industry. Learn the wider socio-cultural, political, economic and environmental contexts in which it operates.
The International Tourism Management degree will develop your supervisory and managerial skills. This means you'll be ready to succeed in senior roles within tourist attractions, tour operators, market research, and more.
(This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. The course structure and content may change to enable us to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.)
Why study with us
- International Tourism Management at the University ranks 3rd in the UK for student satisfaction. - (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism courses rank 1st in the North West. - Guardian University League Table - subject ranking 2022.
- You'll have the opportunity to take part in international, local and national field visits. Previous destinations include Cyprus, Iceland, and Cambodia to name a few.
Alumna Lucy talks about her time studying here
What you’ll do
- You have the opportunity to spend part of your second year studying at our Cyprus Campus. Situated on the southern coast of Cyprus in Larnaka - you'll have access to beautiful beaches and a great student community when you study.
- We have excellent links with leading names in the tourism management industry. This includes Disney, Merlin Entertainments, World Travel Holdings and the Cruise Academy.
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside tourism providers. You can also undertake a paid industry placement available in the UK or abroad.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Tourism management facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
Careers in International Tourism Management
Our graduates secure senior management roles with some of the biggest global brands in the tourism industry. Some of these global employers include:
- British Airways
- DNATA Group
- Hilton Hotel Group
- Merlin Entertainments
- Manchester Airport Group
- New Zealand Tourist Board
- Premier Inn
- Visit England
- World Travel Holdings
Many BA Hons International Tourism Management graduates go on to roles in the following:
- Tour Operations
- Tourism Development
- Airport and Airline Operations
- Cruise Operations
- Digital Marketing
- Recruitment and Training
- Attraction Management
- Market Research
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page