Step onto our Tourism Foundation Entry course. You’ll be in the right place to join one of the world’s fastest growing, dynamic and exciting industries. You'll gain a broad understanding of Tourism, Hospitality and Event management.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the UK for teaching on the courseNational Student Survey (Tourism, transport and travel) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- 1stin the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Tourism, transport and travel) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the global tourism industry. Learn the wider socio-cultural, political, economic and environmental contexts in which it operates.
- Develop your supervisory and managerial skills. This means you'll be ready to succeed in senior roles within tourist attractions, tour operators, market research, and more.
- Our course is delivered by a dynamic team of academics, many of whom have international experience and publish in journals, trade press and the media.
What our students say
I've always aspired to work for a world-class airline or within an international airport. UCLan allowed me not just to travel but gave me the opportunity to live and study in Cyprus at the UCLan Cyprus Campus.
Students Benefit From The Booming Tourism Industry with Destinology
What you'll do
- Our Foundation entry students take part in a variety of local field visits in and around Preston.
- In subsequent years you may also take part in both national and international field visits to, for example, The Lake District, Cyprus and Iceland (subject to change each year).
- We also have links with many Hospitality and Tourism organisations throughout the UK and overseas and you will benefit from these links with Industry.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Studying tourism at the University of Central Lancashire is simply the best decision I made. There are so many opportunities and I love that my course size is small, it gave me the chance to get to know everyone and work on group projects with everyone.
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
International Tourism Management can lead to many different career choices, including: working for airlines and airports, managing theme parks and tourist attractions, managing heritage sites, tourist information centre managers, cruise operations, market research management and consultancy, tour operators, tourism development officers or hospitality graduate schemes.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary