International Tourism Management (Foundation Entry)
By stepping onto our International Tourism Management Foundation Entry course you’ll be in the right place to join one of the world’s fastest growing and exciting industries.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an Honours programme. It’s entirely unique, and a great stepping stone to degree study.
Our programme is well suited if you’re wanting to progress to a role as a professional travel and tourism manager.
We’ll teach you a range of transferable skills, which can be used to meet the ever-changing demands of this dynamic industry.
You’ll gain a constructive and critical understanding of the global tourism industry and the wider socio-cultural, political, economic and environmental contexts, in which it is placed.
This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable the University to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in International Tourism (Foundation Entry) is ranked 3rd in the UK with 94% of students satisfied with the quality of teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism courses are ranked 1st overall in the North West - Guardian University League Table - subject ranking 2022.
- Our course is delivered by a dynamic team of academics, many of whom have international experience and publish in journals, trade press and the media.
What you'll do
- Take part in local, national, and international field visits to destinations such as Cyprus, Iceland, China and Cambodia.
- We link with many of the leading names in the tourism industry including Disney and Thomson TUI.
- Gain real-life work experience on a 48-week work placement, which is available in the UK or countries worldwide.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
International Tourism Management Foundation Entry can lead to many different career choices, including: working for airlines and airports, managing theme parks and tourist attractions, managing heritage sites, tourist information centre managers, cruise operations, market research management and consultancy, tour operators, tourism development officers or hospitality graduate schemes.
Our graduates have progressed to roles at British Airways, Blackpool FC, Co-operative Travel, Premier Inn, Marriott, Hilton, Disney.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page