David teaches across Tourism and Event Management programmes in LSBE. He is an active researcher in the field of tourism and the visitor economy.
David leads the one year long BA (Hons) 'top-up' courses in Tourism, Hospitality and Events and he also supervises postgraduate research students. His research tends to revolve around the tourists' sense of place and the wellness-related benefits associated with visiting natural envionments.
David has contributed to reports for the European Parliament, published in various peer-reviewed academic journals and written book chapters. He has presented keynote lectures at industry events, public events and international conferences. He has been interviewed a numerous times by the media, including a live appearance on BBC1 Breakfast discussing the future of seaside towns.
- PhD Tourism, UCLan 2013
- MA Tourism, Nottingham Trent University 1995
- TL4036 - Event Planning and Management
- TL4019 - International Tourism Management
- TL2123 - The Tourist: Behaviour and Culture
- TL3140 - The Tourist: Experience & Motivation
- TL1168 - Principles, Planning and Practice of Events
- The consumption of tourism
- The experience economy
- Wellness and tourism
- Cultural tourism
- On the Editorial Board for the Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research and Coastal Studies.