If you want to develop your expertise in the field of fire safety management and are aiming for a senior role in the fire industry after graduation, then our Fire Safety (Management) top-up degree is ideal.
Why study with us
- Fire Safety (Management) (Top Up) is ranked 3rd in the UK with 92% of students in graduate-level work or further study after graduating (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Enjoy exciting guest lectures from our industrial partners, CPD events, projects and funding prizes.
- Benefit from significant investment in the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available through our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
What you'll do
- Benefit from potential exchange visits - we have partner colleges/universities in the Middle-East and Hong Kong where English is widely spoken.
- Our direct links to industry enable you to work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- The course is taught by staff which include research academics from the fields of fire safety engineering and fire chemistry as well as fire professionals with many years of experience.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Graduates from Fire Safety (Management) have entered leading fire engineering consulting firms such as, Buro Happold, ARUP, Warrington Exova and various Fire and Rescue Services around the UK and internationally.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page