Aiming for a senior role in fire safety? This could be the course for you. Fire Engineering impacts on all our lives whether we realise it or not. Find out more on our BEng (Hons) Fire Engineering degree apprenticeship.
Why study with us
- You’ll be working with fire safety engineering companies, all with the aim of boosting your engineering skills when you graduate.
- You’ll be tutored by world-class academics with both industry and research experience.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship through us.
Who is this course for?
We are looking for motivated, high-calibre students. Those who are looking to develop skills, knowledge and exposure required by today’s industries.
Fire Engineering is the application of scientific and engineering principles, Codes and guidance, understanding fire development and the effects of fire. The interaction of fire with buildings, people and the environment.
What you'll do
- You will have hands on practical experience throughout the course. You'll also meet with industrial representatives, giving you a real-life aspect to the course.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- This course will equip you with a thorough understanding of fire engineering principles and practices. You will have access to a state-of-the-art laboratory and industry relevant software.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
View the course facilities
Future careers and job roles
As a Fire Engineering graduate, you’ll be able to enter many roles within the fire industry. You'll be able to work with:
- Fire engineering companies
- Fire safety engineering consultants
- Fire safety officers within fire and rescue services or the wider public sector.
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- Successful graduates will have an increased ability and skill set within the sector, and enhance a company’s reputation with external consumers, through investing in their own workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to develop your business and the leaders of tomorrow, while creating a more motivated and productive workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to succession plan, enabling specific skill sets to be retained within your business.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page