Fire & Leadership Studies
Fire and Leadership Studies is extremely popular. The result of a unique, pioneering collaboration with the fire and rescue services, it recruits bright talent straight to them.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Fire and Leadership Studies is ranked 10th in the UK with 84% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021)
- An operational module is delivered in cooperation with Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service so you’ll learn from their expertise.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
What you'll do
- Access to Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service’s internationally renowned training and fire investigation facilities.
- You’ll have international opportunities including travel and work placement with Operation Florian, a charitable organisation.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This course is recognised by the IFE as a Recognised Educational Programme (with academic exemption) for Member Grade (MIFireE). The IFE awards internationally recognised qualifications and membership, and plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet professional needs."
This course will give you a head start to a successful career in modern fire and rescue services. Whilst not guaranteeing entry, it equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a progressive career.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page