Biomedical Science (Foundation Entry)
On our BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science (Foundation Entry) course you’ll learn all about health and disease, developing your knowledge of how the human body functions and gaining the skills you need to progress to a full honours degree.
Why study with us
- Our course covers aspects of modern day biomedicine, including biochemistry, microbiology, physiology, pharmacology and molecular biology.
- You’ll gain key practical skills in our modern, spacious and well-equipped laboratory facilities.
- You’ll have the chance to go on an optional sandwich placement year and gain valuable industry experience.
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- Enhance your practical skills with a variety of hands-on Biology and Chemistry laboratory sessions and Physics workshops.
- You can use this foundation year as an opportunity to get to know other foundation students on different science-based degree programmes.
- The research activities of our staff enhance our teaching and will enrich your learning experience. Our courses are shaped by research-informed teaching.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the IBMS, which is essential if you're looking for employment in hospital pathology laboratories. The IBMS is the professional body for biomedical scientists and support staff - advancing knowledge and setting professional standards.
Your Biomedical Science Foundation Entry Degree could lead to work in diagnostic and pathology laboratories, in hospitals and other medical institutions, or you could work in areas such as toxicology.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page