On our BSc (Hons) Pharmacology (Foundation Entry) course you’ll receive a solid foundation in science. Discover how disease affects the human body and how drugs can help to restore normal function.
Why study with us
- The foundation year will provide you with an interesting and stimulating grounding in science. Pharmacology is a fascinating area to study bringing together many medical disciplines, including physiology, biochemistry, and cell and molecular biology.
- The course will enable you to gain key practical skills in our modern, spacious and well-equipped laboratory facilities.
- 99% of students who studied Pharmacology were in graduate-level work or further study after graduating (Complete University Guide 2021)
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- Enhance your practical skills with a variety of hands-on Biology and Chemistry laboratory sessions and Physics workshops.
- During your course you’ll have the chance to go on an optional sandwich placement year and gain valuable industry experience.
- Use this foundation year as an opportunity to get to know other foundation students on different science-based degree programmes.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Graduates can go onto further study (MSc, PG medicine or dentistry) or further research (MRes, PhD, working in industry).
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page