Biology (Foundation Entry)
Our BSc Biology (Foundation Entry) course will provide you with a sound foundation in basic science, equipping you with the skills and knowledge you need to progress to a full honours degree.
Why study with us
- We’ll provide you with an interesting and stimulating grounding in science. You’ll build up your confidence and become an independent learner.
- You’ll have the chance to go on an optional sandwich placement year and gain valuable industry experience.
- You’ll gain key practical skills in our modern, spacious and well-equipped laboratories.
Video01 / 01
Gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- You’ll take part in hands-on Biology and Chemistry laboratory sessions and Physics workshops.
- Build your confidence through peer-to-peer learning and group work.
- Use this foundation year as an opportunity to get to know other foundation students on different science-based degree programmes.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
Biology graduates follow a wide range of careers related to bioscience such as research in the pharmaceutical industries, conservation and endangered species management, or science writing, education, outreach and communication.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page