Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
- 1stin the UK for graduate prospects (outcomes)Complete University Guide (Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
- You’ll get complimentary student membership of the British Pharmacological Society.
- In your final year you can study neuropharmacology, behavioural pharmacology, current and future cancer treatments, and drugs of abuse.
- 99% of students who studied Pharmacology were in graduate-level work or further study after graduating. (Complete University Guide 2021)
Pharmacology gallery01 / 04
- It will set you up for working in the pharmaceutical industry - drug testing, drug research and drug design.
- In your final year you’ll attend a fully funded internationally renowned Pharmacology Conference as part of a module.
- You will be encouraged to attend the annual British Pharmacological Society conference.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Future careers in Pharmacology
What can you do with a Pharmacology degree? Our BSc Pharmacology degree prepares you for careers in industrial settings. It is ideal grounding for postgraduate study and drug research jobs in academic settings.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page