Are you interested in how drugs are made? Are you fascinated by the human body and what happens in disease? Our BSc Pharmacology degree explores all this and more.
Why study with us
- You’ll get complimentary student membership of the British Pharmacological Society.
- In your final year you can study neuropharmacology, behavioural pharmacology, current and future cancer treatments, and drugs of abuse.
- 99% of students who studied Pharmacology were in graduate-level work or further study after graduating. (Complete University Guide 2021)
Pharmacology gallery01 / 04
- It will set you up for working in the pharmaceutical industry - drug testing, drug research and drug design.
- In your final year you’ll attend a fully funded internationally renowned Pharmacology Conference as part of a module.
- You will be encouraged to attend the annual British Pharmacological Society conference.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Future careers in Pharmacology
What can you do with a Pharmacology degree? Our BSc Pharmacology degree prepares you for careers in industrial settings. It is ideal grounding for postgraduate study and drug research jobs in academic settings.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page