Physiology & Pharmacology
If you have an interest in the human body and want to learn more about how the body functions to maintain a stable environment then our Physiology and Pharmacology programme is the ideal course for you.
Why study with us
- Physiology and Pharmacology is ranked 1st in England for value-added (a measure of effective teaching) (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- You will be taught by GPhC registered working pharmacists, pharmacologists, medicinal chemists, biologists, biomedical scientists and pharmaceutics experts.
- 99% of students who studied Physiology and Pharmacology were in graduate level work or further study after graduating (Complete University Guide 2021)
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- This is a lab-based programme taught in modern facilities similar to those used in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Taught by internationally-recognised research-active scientists investigating various neuronal and psychiatric disorders and brain cancers, you’ll be exposed to data from key fields of research relevant to many current major medical problems.
- You’ll have the opportunity in your second year to study abroad and this includes European countries and the USA. You could also work as a paid summer intern in the labs.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
It is the perfect route if you want a career in the pharmaceutical industry – drug testing, drug research, drug design and development, lab work or other bioscience based careers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page