If you have an interest in the human body and want to learn more about how the body functions to maintain a stable environment then our Physiology and Pharmacology programme is the ideal course for you.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (outcomes)Complete University Guide (Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Pharmacy and Pharmacology)
- Physiology and Pharmacology is ranked 1st in England for value-added (a measure of effective teaching) (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- You will be taught by GPhC registered working pharmacists, pharmacologists, medicinal chemists, biologists, biomedical scientists and pharmaceutics experts.
- 99% of students who studied Physiology and Pharmacology were in graduate level work or further study after graduating (Complete University Guide 2021)
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- This is a lab-based programme taught in modern facilities similar to those used in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Taught by internationally-recognised research-active scientists investigating various neuronal and psychiatric disorders and brain cancers, you’ll be exposed to data from key fields of research relevant to many current major medical problems.
- You’ll have the opportunity in your second year to study abroad and this includes European countries and the USA. You could also work as a paid summer intern in the labs.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
It is the perfect route if you want a career in the pharmaceutical industry – drug testing, drug research, drug design and development, lab work or other bioscience based careers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page