Dental Studies (Dental Care Professionals)
The BSc (Hons) Dental Studies course provides excellent academic development opportunities for Dental Care Professionals. It provides a ‘top-up’ from your existing diploma to your degree level.
Why study with us
- You will use your existing Diploma and enter the programme in Year 3. The programme is fully online and you will attend live lectures on Microsoft Teams. The course aims to develop professional knowledge in a structured higher education environment. This will enable you to take a well-informed and active role in improving the oral health of the population. The course covers current subjects for the professional development of Dental Care Professionals. The core values are based on increasing your professional opportunities within dentistry. The course will raise critical appreciation of the political, legal and ethical framework within which dental care is practised. You will also have an opportunity for in-depth study into a core area of interest.
- Flexible, supportive and challenging series of specialised modules.
- Tailored specifically for Dental Care Professionals. Former students have evidenced career/academic development in a wide range of areas.
Gallery01 / 02
What you'll do
- Be part of a learning community with like-minded professionals.
- Have access to dedicated staff with expertise in the relevant areas.
- Study the Year 3 modules only - Applied Clinical Science, Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice and Dissertation
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
The knowledge and skills gained in the BSc (Hons) Dental Studies for Dental Care Professionals programme will positively support your clinical and educational role as a Dental Care Professional.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page