Our Clinical Dental Technology degree is a unique and innovative clinical dental technology course, which will allow you to train as you will practice in the future, as part of the whole dental team.
Why study with us
- This groundbreaking course is the first of its kind in the UK.
- Dentistry at the University ranked first in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022).
- As a student, you will have the opportunity to treat your own patients in our on-site Dental Clinic.
Gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- Your first two years will involve training in our on-site dental laboratory and UCLan Dental Clinic.
- Technical and clinical team skills are reinforced in Year 2.
- In year 3 you'll gain experience in the UCLan Community Dental Clinic in Preston.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Your teaching team
- This course has been accepted by the GDC Registrar. The GDC is the UK-wide statutory regulator of the dental profession. They register qualified dental professionals, work to ensure the quality of dental education, and protect patient safety.
On completion of the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration with the General Dental Council *subject to GDC approval (visit website for full details) and work in dentistry as a Dental Care Professional. You could work as a Dental Technician or a Clinical Dental Technician.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page