Clinical Dental Technology
Our Clinical Dental Technology degree is a unique and innovative clinical dental technology course, which will allow you to train as you will practice in the future, as part of the whole dental team.
Why study with us
- This groundbreaking course is the first of its kind in the UK.
- Dentistry at the University ranked first in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022).
- As a student, you will have the opportunity to treat your own patients in our on-site Dental Clinic.
Gallery01 / 06
What you'll do
- Your first two years will involve training in our on-site dental laboratory and UCLan Dental Clinic.
- Technical and clinical team skills are reinforced in Year 2.
- In year 3 you'll gain experience in the UCLan Community Dental Clinic in Preston.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course has been provisionally accepted by the GDC Registrar. The GDC is the UK-wide statutory regulator of the dental profession. They register qualified dental professionals, work to ensure the quality of dental education, and protect patient safety.
On completion of the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration with the General Dental Council *subject to GDC approval (visit website for full details) and work in dentistry as a Dental Care Professional. You could work as a Dental Technician or a Clinical Dental Technician.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page