Our Orthodontic Therapy Degree Apprenticeship will build on your knowledge of dental sciences. You'll learn how to use this knowledge to treat orthodontic patients in clinical settings.
Why study with us
- We have a high success and pass rate for students of our previous Orthodontic Therapy diploma. We've received outstanding student awards for the last five years.
- Preston has main rail networks linking cities, along with easy access to major motorway networks. It's well located for you to attend off the job teaching.
- We have an experienced, highly qualified teaching team that have been delivering the previous Orthodontic Therapy course for over 13 years. Our campus is well-developed with state of the dentistry facilities.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship, you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning as you earn.
Grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with.
Who is the course for?
This Orthodontic Therapy apprenticeship course is for GDC-registered dental care professionals. It will help you advance in your career to become an Orthodontic Therapist.
What you'll do
- You'll learn from a variety of consultants and specialist orthodontists in seminars and lectures. These sessions cover the theory of Orthodontic Therapy.
- Attend classes, discussions, and practical sessions in the Phantom Head Laboratory. You'll also get personal guidance from your Specialist Clinical Mentor during Clinical Practice.
- Show what you know through short written tests, presentations, essays, and oral exams. Your clinical skills will be tested in labs, through direct observation, and you'll keep a logbook.
Orthodontic Therapy Degree Apprenticeship facilities
Clinical training (typodont exercises) will take place at our clinical suite. This includes phantom head and clinical teaching rooms.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Future careers in orthodontic therapy
When you finish the Orthodontic Therapist Apprenticeship you can amend your GDC registration. You'll then be able to work as a registered Orthodontic Therapist in the UK.
Qualified Orthodontic Therapists need to complete continued professional development (CPD). This is in accordance with GDC requirements.
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
We offer a range of support and services to help all apprentices, but you may need a little extra assistance if you have been in Local Authority care and don’t have support from your parents. Find out more about our Care Leaver Bursary for our Degree Apprentice students.Find out more about Degree Apprentice Care Leaver Bursary
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification. This is usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards ST0701 Orthodontic Therapist (Integrated). Your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- Successful graduates will increase their sector-specific skills. This will enhance your company’s reputation through strategic investment in your workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to develop your business and the leaders of tomorrow. You'll have more motivated and productive employees.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to succession plan. They will keep specific skill sets within your business.
This course is based in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page