Clinical Exercise Physiology
The Clinical Exercise Physiology MSc focuses evidence-based practice to support people with long-term health conditions. This programme will give you the knowledge and practical experience to prepare for a career in exercise physiology in a clinical setting.
You will gain extensive practical experience in key physiological tests such as cardiopulmonary exercise testing, ECG and spirometry. A unique feature of this programme is that the practical-based setting will be a real-world cardiac physiology laboratory, as such you will be performing tests on people who have a clinical diagnosis.
As the University has strong links with the NHS and community rehabilitation centres, you will gain valuable practical experience within a contemporary exercise rehabilitation programme as part of your clinical placement
This programme offers a unique opportunity for students to choose a module pathway that meets their interests and career goals. You will have the choice to undertake a research project or a substantial clinical placement, aimed to provide experience and develop competencies within a clinical setting.
Why study with us
- Look forward to enhanced job opportunities in the NHS and other health care providers
- Access to cutting edge equipment, including 12-lead ECG and cardiopulmonary exercise testing equipment in a real-word clinical setting
- Enjoy a combination of invaluable practical experience and theoretical learning
What you'll do
- Enjoy a blended learning approach with a mixture of online and face to face delivery
- Take advantage of work experience opportunities that are available to our students across the NHS and community rehabilitation programmes.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in ongoing research projects.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in World Class Facilities
- Our facilities have achieved a BASES Laboratory Accreditation, providing a mark of quality assurance that illustrates the laboratory has undergone meticulous inspection by BASES and that high professional standards of practice have been achieved.
Industry Links01 / 03
The MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology will enhance job opportunities across the NHS and other health care providers.
Careers such as:
- Exercise Physiologist
- Cardiac Physiologist
- Exercise Referral Specialist
- Specialist Exercise Instructor
- Physical Activity Therapist
- Sports Rehabilitator
- Private Healthcare such as BUPA and Nuffield Health
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page