Dr Jonathan Sinclair
Dr Jonathan Sinclair is course leader for both the MSc in Sport & Exercise Sciences and the MSc Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. He is research active in Sport Exercise & Nutritional Sciences and part of the SENS consultancy service.
Dr Sinclair obtained his PhD here at University of Central Lancashire and teaches across a range of courses and modules within Sport Exercise & Nutritional Sciences. He is research active in Sport Exercise & Nutritional Sciences and has over 300+ research publications in this area (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jonathan_Sinclair2). Dr Sinclair is also a passionate teacher of both Sport, Exercise & Nutritional Sciences and statistics and incorporates his research interests, expertise and theory into the modules that he delivers. As a Reader in Sport, Exercise & Nutritional Sciences as well as my course leadership and research duties, I also act as Research Degrees Tutor for the Faculty of Health & Wellbeing and serve as BASES laboratory director for UCLan. After completing my Sport & Exercise Sciences degree at the University of Central Lancashire, I received my PhD in Clinical Biomechanics in 2013. Further to this I also hold Postgraduate Certificates in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, Research Student Supervision and Nutrition. I am a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy/ Advance HE, a Chartered Statistician and Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, a Chartered Scientist with the Science Council, Registered Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength & Conditioning Association and a Practitioner
Registrant with the Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register. I have published over 300 research outputs and have received funding from various national/ international bodies. In addition to this I also serve as Associate Editor for the ‘The Knee’ and am on the editorial board of several journals such as Comparative Exercise Physiology, Journal of Pain & Relief and Foot & Ankle Studies. I review for numerous journals and grant awarding bodies worldwide.
- PhD, University of Central Lancashire
- BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Science, University of Central Lancashire
- PG Dip Nutrition, University of Central Lancashire
- PG Cert Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire
- PG Cert Research Student Supervision, University of Central Lancashire
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Higher Education Academy, Principal Fellow (PFHEA)
- Royal Statistical Society, Chartered Statistician and Fellow Science Council, Chartered Scientist
- British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences (BASES), Accredited
- British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences (BASES), Fellow
- Association for Nutrition, Registered Nutritionist
- Sport, Exercise & Nutrition Register (SENr), Practitioner Registrant