Spent your life taking things apart to see how they work? This could be the course for you. Our Mechanical Engineering MEng teaches you how to design objects and systems with motion.
Why study with us
- Our Mechanical Engineering provision is ranked in the UK’s top 10 for student satisfaction, and 1st in the North West (Complete University Guide, 2021).
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre featuring an additive manufacturing (3D printing) lab, rapid prototyping, CNC workshop, computing labs and more.
- You will have the opportunity to join the Innovation Club and various research groups and work with a diverse group of students and staff on innovation and research projects
Take a look at our amazing Engineering Innovation Centre
What you'll do
- You’ll have the opportunity to join the Innovation Club and work with a group of students and staff on projects.
- You’ll be tutored by world-class academics with both industry and research experience.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Mechanical Engineering MEng facilities
Inside our EIC we have a motorsports and air vehicles laboratory, additive manufacturing lab (3D printing), rapid prototyping, and a computer numerical control (CNC) workshop – featuring the Hurco VMX with advanced verification graphics.
Students get to work on our Formula Student and Formula Ford race cars, eco marathon cars, and race car simulator and then enter them in national and international competitions.
Andrew is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering and is the Course Leader for BEng/MEng and MSc Mechanical Engineering. He lectures in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Andrew joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2012 after completing his PhD at Brunel Univer…
Adeniyi is a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering. He is research active and a member of the Jost Institute for Tribotechnology. His area of research expertise is in Multiphase flow Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). He lectures postgraduate and undergraduate modules genera…
- This MEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
- This MEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
Mechanical engineering is a varied subject which provides a wide ranging educational experience.
Careers with a Mechanical Engineering MEng
Mechanical Engineering can lead to a diverse career in aerospace, the automotive industry, biotechnology, computing and electronics, energy conversion, the Ministry of Defence and research development.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page