Hadley teaches across a range of subjects for our engineering team, with particular expertise in manufacturing. His research is focused on additive manufacturing and is head of the Additive Manufacturing lab in the Engineering Innovation Centre. In recognition of his contributions to teaching, Hadley is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Hadley is course leader for our undergraduate manufacturing engineering course and the additive manufacturing MSc. He is also an external course leader for our BEng Mechanical Engineering at ICEM in Oman. Hadley has published widely in Additive Manufacturing, Materials and Design and Polymer. He is also an editorial board member for the International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing (IJRapidM).
In 2010 Hadley worked as a post-doctoral researcher for New Zealand Extracts Ltd while hosted at Plant and Food Research in New Zealand. The aim of this work was to engineer electrospun fibres for smart wound dressing applications. Hadley then took a design engineering role at Lancaster University where he provided engineering design and manufacturing advice to local SMEs. Hadley is a regular reviewer for journals including the Rapid Prototyping Journal, Additive Manufacturing, International Journal of Materials and Product Technology, International Journal of Machine Tools Manufacture.
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Canterbury, NZ, 2009
- BEng(Hons) Mechanical Engineering, University of Canterbury, NZ, 2006.
- Todd Foundation award for Excellence, 2007
- Dean’s list for excellence for his PhD research, 2009
- MP4400 - Additive Manufacturing Technologies
- MP4401 - Build your own 3D printer
- MP4403 - Reverse Engineering
- EL4166 - Research Methods
- EL4895 - MSc Project (Engineering)
- MP2570 - Engineering Design and Manufacture
- MP3610 - Automated Production
- MP3997 - Project
- MP3999 - Project
- Additive Manufacturing
- Materials Science