Andrew is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering. He lectures in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Andrew joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2012 after completing his PhD at Brunel University. Prior to this, Andrew worked in the automotive and energy industries for a period of circa 6 years.
Andrew is currently Course Leader for the BEng/MEng and MSc courses in Mechanical Engineering. He also delivers lectures with a specialisation in Thermo-Fluids Engineering. Andrew is also a Research Degree Tutor in the School of Engineering. He is a Member of IMechE’s Lancashire Area Committee and is also a chair on the IMechE Professional Review Interview Panel. Andrew is research active with a strong research interest in Thermo-Fluids engineering - more specifically, the investigation of multiphase flows, associated heat transfer coefficients and the use of nanofluids for enhanced heat transfer effects. His research interests also include the investigation of indoor air quality, ventilation and zero energy buildings.
Andrew graduated as a mechanical engineer from the University of Malta in 2003. He has also read for an MBA and an MSc, both awarded with distinction, by the Universities of Malta and Brunel (UK) respectively. His professional career started in 2003 as an automotive component design engineer with Methode Electronics Inc., where he was the lead designer on an innovative product developed for the Ford Motor Company for installation in their 2005/6 S-Max, Mondeo and Galaxy platforms. In 2006 he moved on to the Malta Enterprise Corporation, where he specialised in energy and building auditing. He has also worked on a number of freelance projects with a core specialisation in sound, energy, ventilation and lighting audits. Andrew has also delivered lectures in Malta, Switzerland and Hong Kong and is registered on the European Engineer Register. More recently, he has been elected as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and, as a Chartered Engineer. Andrew is also a Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- PhD Thermo-Fluids (Multiphase flow), Brunel University, 2012
- MSc Building Services with Sustainable Energy (Distinction), Brunel University, 2009
- MBA Business Administration (Distinction), University of Malta, 2006
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (2.1), University of Malta, 2003
- MP2576 - Thermo-fluids
- ER1010 - Engineering Analysis
- ER1030 - Engineering Science
- Fluid Dynamics
- Multiphase flow
- Coiled heat exchangers, Nanofluids
- Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council UK, 2014
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 2014
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK, 2014
- Certified Assessor (Malta), Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, 2010
- FEANI European Federation of National Engineering Associations (EUR ING), 2007
- Warranted Mechanical Engineer, Government of Malta, 2006