Human Resource Management (Foundation Entry)
The most important asset of any organisation is its people. With our Human Resource Management (Foundation Entry) degree you’ll discover how getting the most out of staff is key to the success of any business.
We’ll prepare you for a successful career in the world of people management and leadership. You’ll learn how to get the most out of staff, tackle common issues and enable people to achieve their potential while accomplishing the strategic goals of the organisation.
Foundation Entry degree courses are ideal if you’ve got the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to directly join an Honours programme. It’s entirely unique, and a great stepping stone to degree study.
If you complete this course you’ll gain Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Why study with us
- Many of our staff belong to the CIPD and have worked as HR professionals, and our academics inform their teaching with active research.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Human Resource Management (Foundation Entry) is ranked 2nd in the North West with 88% of students satisfied with their course (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Our staff are members of the Institute for Research into Work, Organisations and Employment (IROWE) - you’ll engage with their workshops and research.
What you'll do
- Take a 48-week work placement where you’ll work in a real business and gain vital work experience.
- Our strong network of local and national businesses share opportunities to undertake internships, placements, live projects and mentorships.
- We’re renowned for developing graduates who are highly employable and have strong entrepreneurial skills.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIPD, the professional body for Human Resources and people development. Upon graduation from this course you will gain Associate Membership, with the opportunity to upgrade your status to gain further professional recognition.
Human Resource Management Foundation Entry is an ideal foundation if you wish to progress to a career in the Human Resource Management profession or a more general management position.
You can progress to either a master’s in Human Resource Management/ Development or Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Development .
Both of these are CIPD accredited at the University and on successful you can work towards Chartered Membership of the CIPD.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page