Adrian Wright's academic background and research interests are drawn from a number of disciplines. He has a first degree from Manchester Metropolitan University in Hospitality Management, a Master’s degree from Manchester Business School in Corporate Communications and Reputation Management and a PhD in Business and Management from Alliance Manchester Business School. Adrian is an active researcher, and has taught on programmes across the School of Management.
Adrian Wright is Deputy Head of the School of Management and the Director of iROWE (Institute for Research into Organisations, Work and Employment).
Adrian’s research interests include work and employment in the creative industries and new work arrangements in the new economy. He completed his PhD in 2016 where he investigated enterprise and entrepreneurialism in the digital games sector. More recently Adrian has undertaken projects examining occupational communities and the working practices of SME’s, Gender and employment practices and examining work in Coworking spaces. Adrian is principle investigator a number of research projects which have received funding from NESTA, AHRC, ERDF and ESF. Previously Adrian has undertaken a number of leadership roles with LSBE including Equality and Diversity lead, student experience lead, year one lead and Academic lead for Communications, Marketing and Public Relations.
- PhD in Business and Management, Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester (2016)
- MSc., Corporate Communication and Reputation Management (Manchester Business School) (2007)
- B.A., Hospitality and Licensed Retail Management (Manchester Metropolitan University) (2005)
- MD4015 - Management and Organizations
- HR4072 - Critical Research Issues in HRM
- Work and employment
- Organisation studies
- Creative industries
- Technology and work
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Fellow Higher Education Academy (HEA)