Shabaz Ali Mahmood
Lecturer in Digital Marketing
School of Business
Shabaz has module leadership responsibilities across a range of marketing disciplines, with a particular emphasis on Digital Marketing. Shabaz is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and Member of the Institute of Data & Marketing.
Shabaz has previously worked with the Local Data Company to research and publish on the topic of his MSc thesis under the title, The Rise of the Discounters: Do the big four have anything to fear? (2017). In furthering his research and teaching interests in the Digital Marketing discipline, Shabaz has engaged with the leading professional marketing organisations, the CIM and IDM, to develop and deliver accredited curricula.
Shabaz is currently researching his PhD in Ethnic Marketing at Leeds University School of Business, University of Leeds. After graduating with an MSc International Business and Management degree from the University of Central Lancashire in 2017, Shabaz obtained a PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education as well as Fellowship of Higher Education Academy in 2020.
In 2017, Shabaz joined the School of Business as an Associate Lecturer in Business, teaching core business and marketing modules. His experience of teaching across undergraduate, postgraduate degrees, as well as research interests in the marketing discipline, led to his appointment as Lecturer in Digital Marketing in 2019. As an early years researcher, Shabaz continues to develop his academic profile as well as supporting the University of Central Lancashire's commitment to local community and business outreach projects.
- Provisional PhD Marketing, University of Leeds, 2021- Present
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- MSc International Business and Management, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- BA (Hons) International Business, University of Central Lancashire, 2016
- Academic Excellence Award, 2017
- Multicultural Marketing, Ethnicity and Race in Marketing
- Digital Consumer Behaviour
- Content Marketing, Social Media and Search Engine Marketing
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of the Institute of Data and Marketing
- Certified Management & Business Educator
- Sustainable Development Goals - SDG 1 - 'No Poverty' Conference, 2020