Shabaz Ali Mahmood
Shabaz has teaching and module leadership responsibilities across a range of marketing disciplines. With a particular emphasis on Digital Marketing. As well as Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, Shabaz is a Member of the Institute of Data & Marketing.
Shabaz has previously worked with the Local Data Company to research and publish on the topic of his MSc thesis under the title, The Rise of the Discounters: Do the big four have anything to fear? (2017) In furthering his research and teaching interests in the Digital Marketing discipline Shabaz has engaged with the leading industry trade body the IDM, to develop and deliver accredited curricula.
After graduating with an MSc International Business and Management from the University of Central Lancashire in 2017, Shabaz has obtained PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education as well as Fellowship of Higher Education Academy in 2020. Shabaz has previously worked as an Associate Lecturer within the School of Business, teaching core business and marketing modules. His experience of teaching across undergraduate, postgraduate MSc and MBA, as well as research interests in the marketing discipline, led to his appointment as Lecturer in Digital Marketing in 2019. As an early years researcher, Shabaz continues to develop his academic profile as well as supporting the University of Central Lancashire's commitment to local community and business outreach projects.
- Provisional PhD Marketing, University of Leeds, 2021-Present
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- MSc International Business and Management, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- BA (Hons) International Business, University of Central Lancashire, 2016
- Academic Excellence Award, 2017
- Digital Consumer Behaviour
- Content Marketing
- Social Media and Search Engine Marketing
- Multicultural Marketing
- Ethnicity and Race in Marketing
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Institute of Date & Marketing