Graduate Diploma in Law
If you are a non-law graduate or have an overseas law degree and want to pursue a career in law then this is the course for you. Commended by employers, you’ll lay the foundations of law knowledge necessary to move into legal professions such as a solicitor or barrister.
Why study with us
- Our alumni have achieved great successes, such as winning Law Teacher of the Year, receiving law scholarships from the Inns of Court in London, and more
- You will be taught by professionally qualified and research active lecturers, with experience in practice as solicitors, barristers, judges and as senior managers in major organisations.
- Our strong links with employers and research-informed teaching contributes to a cutting-edge learning experience.
Law students gain trainee solicitor contracts
A day in the life of a Law student
What you'll do
- Each year we organise a dedicated law careers fair which is supported by a range of employers from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to County Councils and solicitors’ firms.
- Our Pro Bono Law Clinic, Business Clinic and Mediation Clinic give you first-hand experiences of legal practice, providing countless opportunities to deal with real cases.
- This conversion course allows non-law graduates or international degree holders the opportunity to form legal knowledge needed to become a solicitor or barrister.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View the course facilities
- This course is validated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the regulatory body for solicitors in England and Wales. They set the Principles and a Code of Conduct that professionals have to abide by in order to provide legal services.
- This course provides the first stage of training should you wish to go on to a career as either a solicitor or a barrister. It is validated by the Bar Standards Board, which regulates barristers and specialised legal services businesses in England and Wales.
Our law students are valued highly by employers due to their aptitude and skills profile. They have an impressive track record of gaining graduate level jobs or professional training contracts.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page