El Said is a specialist in international intellectual property law and regulation. With particular expertise in the area of intellectual property regulation, access to medicines and public health, El Said's research led to collaborative projects with leading international organisations in the field including WIPO, UNDP and WHO. El Said also supervises postgraduate projects in the field of international intellectual property, access to medicines and public health.
El Said has published widely in the area of intellectual property regulation and access to medicines. El Said's policy guide entitled "Public Health Related TRIPS-Plus Provisions in Bilateral Trade Agreements: A Policy Guide for Negotiations and Implementers in the Eastern Mediterranean Region" was published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2010.
El Said joined the School of Law and Social Science in 2005. He worked as a consultant with leading international organisations including the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the World Health Organization (WHO) in the field of intellectual property policy, regulation, IP and development, public health and access to medicines. El Said has several books and publications in the area of intellectual property protection in the Arab World and TRIPS-Plus rules. El Said has appeared in several international workshops and events as a key speaker.
- PhD In Law, University of Manchester, 2005
- LLM International Business Law, University of Manchester, 1998
- BSc Law, University of Jordan, 1998
- Emerald Literati Outstanding Reviewer Award, The Journal of International Trade Law and Policy, Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellance 2009
- University of Central Lancashire: Livesey Award (Research Support Scheme), 2006
- Full Performance Colours Award, University of Manchester, 2005-2006
- Sportsman of the year, University of Manchester, 2005
- Intellectual Property Regulation
- Public Health
- Access to Medicines
- The Jordanian Bar Association, qualified since 2001, Jordan
- Advisor with Health Innovation with Practice (HIP)
- Reviewer, The Journal of International Trade Law and Policy (JITLP)
- Reviewer, The Journal of World Intellectual Property (JWIP)
- Reviewer, The Manchester Journal for International Economic Law