Linda is a solicitor and worked for 20 years in practice as a defendant litigator in the North West before joining the University of Central Lancashire in 2017. She teaches across a range of modules on both undergraduate and post graduate LLB Law, with particular expertise in Tort Law, Litigation, Advocacy, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Linda is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and working towards her Fellowship.
Linda has presented at many conferences (Association of Law Teachers, Socio-Legal Studies Assoication) and was involved in the hosting of the Law and Emerging Technologies Conference at the University in 2018. Her interest in interactive and immersive learning coupled with law and emerging technologies led her to develop and create an award winning legally themed escape room (Legally Bound) which was shortlisted for the Thomson Reuters Teaching Law with Technology prize 2020. The Association of Law Teachers published a blog about her escape room in 2020
Linda has collaborated on various projects during her time with the University. She organised linguistic mock trials with the School of Language and Global studies, which saw language students and law students participating in civil and criminal mock trials in French, German, Mandarin and Arabic. Her interest in emerging technologies has led her to develop teaching materials using virtual reality. She has currently secured funding to develop virtual reality to immerse students in case law. She hopes to secure further funding to expand her project to include augmented reality. Linda has been involved in various working groups at the University, including the Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality working group. She is also a co-founder of Preston Legal Hackers, the only chapter in the North West which involves lawyers, policymakers, designers, technologists, and academics who explore and develop creative solutions to some of the most pressing issues at the intersection of law and technology.
- Law LLB (Hons), Nottingham Trent University, 1991
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Central Lancashire, 1997
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- University of Lancashire Golden Roses Award - Creative teaching 2019
- Edtech Finalist 2019
- Thomson Reuters Teaching Law with Technology Finalist 2020 (postponed due to the Covid outbreak)
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
- Professional Conduct
- Law and Emerging Technologies
- Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
- Member of the Law Society