Business & Human Resource Management
Behind every successful business is the excellence of its people. On our BA(Hons) in Business and Human Resource Management you will explore many things. This includes how to manage, lead and develop your people resource so that both your people and your business flourish and succeed.
Why study with us
- Combining business savvy with people management expertise enables you to pursue your career in any sector of your choice.
- From Year 2, you will be a Student Member of the CIPD. When you complete the course, you'll gain professional recognition as an Associate Member. You'll also gain credibility in people management.
- We have our own research centre iROWE (Institute for Research into Work Organisations, and Employment). You can foster business links and find work experience. And, you'll develop insight into practitioner challenges.
What you'll do
- Study in workshops and seminar groups to build your confidence. Develop your skills of enquiry and problem-solving.
- Develop skills and behaviours through practical and case study tasks. This will foster collaboration and cooperation.
- Be challenged to think, question, and research credible sources. This will help you make informed judgements about effective people practice.
A day in the life of a Business and Management student
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Business course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIPD, the professional body for Human Resources and people development. The course is mapped against their professional standards. We are an established CIPD accredited centre with a track record of delivering high-quality people management education. Upon graduation from this course, you will gain Associate Membership, with the opportunity to upgrade your status to gain further professional recognition.
- We've been awarded the Small Business Charter (SBC) in recognition of our commitment to supporting student entrepreneurship, small businesses and the local economy. The SBC is an award for the UK’s world-class business schools.
Many of our students choose a business degree as they are not completely sure of what they want to do in their future.
So, our BA (Hons) in Business and Human Resource Management gives you the ideal springboard into a career in a management role in any sector. It will also create opportunity for you to become an entry level HR professional.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page