Develop core business skills on our Business & Human Resource Management Foundation Entry. This course prepares you to become an effective line manager in your chosen business. It will also help your career as an emerging HR professional.
Why study with us
- 1stin the North West for graduate prospects (on track)Complete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- 1stin the North West for student satisfactionComplete University Guide (Business and Management Studies)
- Learn how organisations operate and the importance of effective Human Resource Management. You'll become an independent learner with the skills, knowledge, and experience to make informed decisions about your future career.
- The course content is dynamic, and evolves as business issues change - you’ll gain the skills to succeed in a changing world.
- Put theory into practice with the option of taking a one-year paid placement, a short-term internship or some volunteering.
What you'll do
- Interactive workshop sessions will develop you as an independent student. You'll complete a specific research project through survey design and analysis.
- Learn from industry-experienced lecturers through a combination of seminar sessions. Helping to develop you as a highly employable individual.
- Hearing from regular guest speakers will give you a perspective from some of today’s leading business minds.
A day in the life of a Business and Management student
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Being a busy mum at 35, I was nervous about studying at university, but I have made many friends and really developed my skills. I am a big disability and diversity advocate and want to focus on this in my HR career.
Business course facilities
Foundation Entry programmes have an equal focus on business and management. So our graduates are highly employable, in a wide range of business areas including industry, commerce and the public sector.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary