David teaches across a range of HRM, Management and Leadership modules with particular interest in Coaching and Mentoring, as part of Learning and Development, on both undergraduate and postgraduate courses which includes the supervision of masters’ dissertations. David is heavily involved with international partnerships in Cyprus and Sri Lanka as Module Leader and Moderator. He is also very interested in the development of international learners and has explored and developed teaching strategies which have received positive feedback from Chinese students’ learning experiences. During his teaching career David has been involved with the successful revalidation of courses and modules on HND, Foundation and Undergraduate Degree, and Postgraduate degree programmes. David is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy..
David completed many of his academic qualifications whist studying part-time as a mature student with a busy career, so he is keen to support adult learners who combine study with a career and family commitments.
David is keen to develop coaching and mentoring as a valuable development tool for business professionals to improve their individual growth and performance, and to develop their careers. David is a member of the International Coaching Federation and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
Before he became a university lecturer, David worked in the hospitality and catering management business in the private sector where he was a hotel manager; he also worked in contract catering; the licensed trade where he was a licensee; and training and development across the hospitality sector. David began teaching part-time in colleges of further and higher education whilst working full-time as a hospitality manage, to combine practical business experience with developing/teaching others. David has over 20 years’ teaching experience and became a full-time lecturer in 1997; he has worked at the University of Central Lancashire since 2012.
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
- MA Business Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Training Management
- PGCE Learning and Teaching
- HR2010 - Research Methods
- HR2015 - Work and Organisational Change
- HR2050 - Managing Personnel and Human Resources
- HR3024 - Evaluating Human Resource Management
- HR3053 - Management Analysis Project
- HR4008 - Managing, Leading and Developing People
- HR4993 - MSc HRM Dissertation
- Coaching and Mentoring.
- Online delivery
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the International Coaching Federation
- Member of the European Mentoring Coaching Council