The MA Outdoor Practice is an innovative and flexible programme that will develop your critical understanding of theories and practice within ‘The Great Outdoors.’ Designed as a full or part time programme, you will be encouraged to experiment and research areas of your own personal interest within the outdoor sector.
Why study with us
- Flexible weekend delivery, so you can fit study around your work and other commitments.
- Explore your personal interest, whether this be in outdoor coaching, education, environmental considerations, or health and wellbeing.
- The teaching team are all outdoor practitioners, educators and researchers providing you with an expert and supportive learning environment.
What you'll do
- During the course of their studies, students will develop and master an array of cognitive and transferable skills alongside a complex blend of knowledge and theories.
- The main emphasis of the programme is placed on developing a range of intellectual, professional, managerial and transferable attributes.
- This taught Masters is a dynamic course that aims to develop your critical understanding of theories and practice in the Outdoors.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Hear from our students
- This course is accredited by the IOL, the professional body for individuals who use the outdoors to make a difference for others. They are driven by a vision of outdoor learning as a highly valued form of development, education and employment in UK society.
Our students' work
The MA Outdoor Practice will enable you to demonstrate your skills as an outdoor researcher, practitioner, facilitator and/or educator.
View the course facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page