If you’re interested in developing and improving teams and individual performance, our Elite Coaching Practice course is for you. It’s the result of an exciting collaboration between us and national governing bodies, to produce the first endorsed level 4 UK Coaching Certificate.
Why study with us
- Our programme is highly flexible and student-centred. Students can engage with the programme in person or remotely, based on their personal and geographical restrictions.
- Tutors will work with you to ensure your Masters journey is meaningful to you and your current working environment. Assessments will be co-created allowing you flexibility to address specific topics of interest explored within the programme.
- Many students progress onto the course from non-traditional academic routes. We welcome learners from industry and have experience of supporting the development of academic skills to successfully engage with the programme.
What you'll do
- You’ll study a range of contemporary coach issues including coaching philosophy, talent development, performance analysis and global planning.
- The sessions will be supplemented by sports practitioners who will facilitate activities, workshop and case studies allowing students the opportunity to contextualise current research while reflecting on their own practice.
- Meet and share ideas from a range of different sporting settings. Previous alumni and guest speakers will share their experiences of high performing and development environments.
- TL4102: Coaching Practice
- TL4104: Coaching Analysis
- TL4105: Work-Based Learning
- TL4120: Issues in Performer Development
- TL4121: Planning for Development
- TL4186: Dissertation for Sport
TL4102: Coaching Practice
This module will enable you to identify your coaching behaviours, critically self-reflect upon your current coaching practice. You'll critique your own coaching philosophy in order to develop more effective coaching practice.
We provide a highly flexible and personalised approach to studying for a Master’s degree. We teach the course on-campus in blocks with the option of distance learning. This means that you can attend the workshops either on-site or online via live stream. The below percentages are an average split for students on this course.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Craig is responsible for the academic management and development of the MSc Sports Coaching. His teaching and practitioner focus is in applied sports coaching and coaching science. This includes performance analysis, performance assessment, applied coaching practice and physical …
Cliff teaches and leads across a range of modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Sports Coaching. His area of expertise is in coaching pedagogy, coach development and sport and international development. Cliff's draws upon a wide range of experience in the f…
Hear from our students
Taking this course has opened my eyes to a whole academic side of coaching, and made me look at coaching differently.
Our graduates have gone on to gain positions within the public, private or voluntary sector of sport in a range of coach, coach development, coach education, coach mentoring, management, and academic roles.
Study in World Class Facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page