Serious about sports coaching? This Sports Coaching & Performance Foundation Entry degree will develop your academic knowledge, skills and understanding of the coaching process.
Why study with us
- You’ll explore coaching in a range of settings, including community, grassroots, elite, international and disability sport.
- You’ll develop transferable vocational skills as you progress through the programme.
- There’s also the option to specialise in specific areas that interest you, from match analysis, strength and conditioning to sports psychology and sport and international development.
A day in the life of a Sport Coaching and Leadership student
What you'll do
- The programme covers a range of physical, technical and psychological elements that underpin performance coaching.
- There’s a focus on developing your professional and academic skills as you acquire the knowledge that’s essential for a career in performance coaching.
- You’ll have opportunities to supplement teaching with real world practical experiences and opportunities.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is endorsed by leading professional body UK Coaching, who aim to make lasting improvements to coaching in the UK - from grass-roots through to elite performance levels.
As a graduate of our Sport programmes, you could go on to become a Community Sport Coaching Officer, Physical Education Teacher, Sports Development Manager or a Match Analyst. This course opens doors to a whole world of varied career paths in sports coaching.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page